Fedora 10 Selinux Denies Firefox Ability to Upload Picture

Ole Ersoy ole.ersoy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:21:11 UTC 2009

Hi,

I tried uploading a picture to facebook, and it appears that selinux was denying firefox the ability to read the image.  The image has the following context:

rw-rw-r--  ole ole unconfined_u:object_r:user_home_t:s0 dsc06702.jpg

I looked in /var/log/messages and /var/log/audit/audit.log for a denial message, but did not see one (Silent denial?).  The image uploaded fine after running:

setenforce 0

though, so I assume it's SELinux.  Thought I'd mention this in case it's something that can make a secure Fedora experience simpler for the average desktop user.

Cheers,
- Ole