example of a domain with transition policy

Vadym Chepkov chepkov at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 29 18:52:17 UTC 2009

Hi,

Could somebody give me a working example of a policy module with transition, please. I am trying to create a policy for a vendor product I have to use (Asset Insight).
The basic idea is to create domains ai_exec_t, ai_t, proper transition rules for initrc_exec_t -> initrc_t -> ai_exec_t -> ai_t.
Then I want to ai_t be unconfined (for the moment) so probably make ai_t as an alias of unconfined_t, since there is no "permissive domain" in Redhat5 yet, but I want to be able to see what needs to be added to .te file to make it work. There is no much documentation about writing policy in Redhat/Fedora, unfortunately, or maybe I am missing some.
Thank you.

Sincerely yours,
  Vadym Chepkov