semodule/dbus

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 16:12:38 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-07-11 at 05:20 -0700, Vadym Chepkov wrote:
> Everytime I install or update a local selinux module I get a log entry, like this.
>
> Jul 11 08:10:36 hut dbus: Can't send to audit system: USER_AVC avc:  received policyload notice (seqno=5)#012: exe="?" (sauid=81, hostname=?, addr=?, terminal=?)
>
> I wonder what is it about? It doesn't seem to affect anything, but still.

dbus complains that it can not send a "receive policyload notice" to the
audit system. I guess this should be considered a bug. Dbus also has
some other issues where it sends avc denials to /var/log/messages
instead of audit (/var/log/audit/audit.log).

You could consider reporting a bugzilla for this. I would probably try
the dbus component and cc. both sgrubb and dwalsh.