getting myapp to exec /sbin/swapon

Brian Ginn BGinn at symark.com
Mon Jun 1 17:05:35 UTC 2009

I am attempting to get myapp to exec /sbin/swapon

audit2allow says I need:
        allow myapp_t fixed_disk_device_t:blk_file { read write };

This compiles, but semodule won't install it:
[root at domingo ~]# semodule -i /nethome/user/bginn/src/pb6/pb/selinux/myapp.pp
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow myapp_t fixed_disk_device_t:blk_file { write };
libsepol.check_assertion_helper: assertion on line 0 violated by allow myapp_t fixed_disk_device_t:blk_file { read };
libsepol.check_assertions: 2 assertion violations occured
libsemanage.semanage_expand_sandbox: Expand module failed
semodule:  Failed!
[root at domingo ~]#

I don't see any constraint, or class permission that would affect this.

I do see that modules/kernel/storage.te contains:
neverallow ~{ fixed_disk_raw_read storage_unconfined_type } fixed_disk_device_t:{ chr_file blk_file } read;
neverallow ~{ fixed_disk_raw_write storage_unconfined_type } fixed_disk_device_t:{ chr_file blk_file } { append write };
Could these be causing my problem?

Is there a domain transition or other policy that would allow myapp to exec /sbin/swapon ?

Thanks,
Brian