Supporting multiple OS releases

Rob Crittenden rcritten at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 14:08:52 UTC 2009

In the freeIPA project we have our own SELinux policy. We support RHEL 5
up through Fedora Rawhide. With Fedora 11 we saw some problems compiling
our SELinux module which Dan Walsh provided a patch for. I haven't tried
this on older releases yet but I'm guessing it won't work as expected
(some policies seem to have been renamed, such as
corenet_non_ipsec_sendrecv() -> corenet_all_recvfrom_unlabeled()

My question is, how can we handle this in our source tree? Are we going
to need to maintain per-release policies or does SELinux support some
sort of versioning conditionals?

thanks

rob