Environment variables over exec()?

Jan Kasprzak kas at fi.muni.cz
Thu Mar 5 21:57:39 UTC 2009

Stephen Smalley wrote:
: > 	Does SELinux prevent the environment variables to be inherited
: > over exec()? If so, how can I enable it?
:
: On a domain transition, by default, SELinux will set the AT_SECURE auxv
: flag and glibc will then sanitize the environment in the same manner as
: for setuid/setgid program execution.  You can disable that behavior on a
: selective basis by allowing the "noatsecure" permission between the old
: and new domains.  You would add the following allow rule to your policy:
:
: allow mydaemon_t myprogram_t:process noatsecure;

	Thanks for the explanation. I have already tested that the above
rule solves the problem for me (found it out using semodule -DB, as
suggested by Dominick Grift).

-Yenya

--
| Jan "Yenya" Kasprzak  <kas at {fi.muni.cz - work | yenya.net - private}> |
| GPG: ID 1024/D3498839      Fingerprint 0D99A7FB206605D7 8B35FCDE05B18A5E |