Rebooted, permissive, setroubleshooter going nuts.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Mar 5 07:18:03 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 04 March 2009, Gene Heskett wrote:
>Greetings;
>
>And a portion of this lists archive on this box has gone missing to boot.
>So I can't look up the command to extract all these hits, about once every 2
>minutes or so, to a logfile I can post.  And when I click on the star, it
>tells me the connection has been lost to
>/var/run/setroubleshoot/setroubleshoot_server.  But there is a zero length
>file there, generated when I rebooted to 2.6.29-rc7 5:18 ago WTH?
>
>And I just found a very short setroubleshooter.log which I will attach. It
>looks like it got a tummy ache just a few minutes ago.
>
>I think I will follow what I did with 29-rc7, and not build any sound
> modules for anything except the audigy2, cuz now I have sound, akonadi even
> starts!
>
>Help?

No comment.  Can anyone tell me why, when looking at the log messages, and it
tells me to get the full report by running sealert with -l hashnumber, I as
root am denied?  From a root shell:
[root at coyote log]# sealert -l 1ed4cefd-aa3b-4727-b9ef-28b8e2cbb42c
failed to connect to server: Connection refused

I am back on a 2.6.28.7 kernel now. And setroubleshooter's screen alerts in
time with the kmail pongs of new mail coming are contributing to my loss of
sanity or whatever.  Somehow it has decided that fetchmail isn't supposed to
be able to access its users directory/.f,  uhh, I was gonna run it and get the
exact file and the connection to its server has been lost, again.  I thought
it was funny that the reject messages were going into the system log...

Uptodate Fedora 10. x86_64 running 32 bit.

A 'service setroubleshoot restart' restarts it though.  Anybody have a clue, I
seem to be fresh out, and I'm about to compile it out.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)