Rsyncing every file on the root to another disk

Nickolas Gray nick at magitekltd.com
Sat May 30 03:50:37 UTC 2009

I have a requirement to rsync ALL files over to a newly mounted
partition. the command is "rsync -AaXxH /home/snapshot/* /target/"
I can get this to work in permissive, and with a bit of massaging. I
can get an operational system that boots in enforcing on a new disk.

For the life of me I can't determine how I can gain access to copy and
write all these files in enforcing.

I have included the simple rules like

files_read_all_files(), but it seems there must be an easier assured
way of making sure I don't miss anything. It appears to me that not
everyfile in the system is really labeled with the attribute
file_type. Is there something I am missing on how to do this?
Suggestions?

Nick

--

"THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how many times can we get it
wrong? At some point, we just have to run out of bad ideas.."

Linus Torvalds

Nickolas Gray
nick at magitek.ltd