SELinux won't let dovecot connect to postgresql

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Sun Nov 29 05:43:00 UTC 2009

On 11/29/2009 12:29 AM, Roland Roberts wrote:

> Hmmm, I seem to have both setroubleshoot and setroubleshoot-server
> packages installed, but much of that package talks about turning on the
> setroubleshoot service; the file for that should be in
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/setroubleshoot, but I have no such file. Both packages
> verify as correct (rpm -V) and rpm -qil does not show any such file in
> the inventory. There is a file /usr/sbin/setroubleshootd which is what I
> would expect for the daemon, but no file in /etc/rc.d/init.d references
> it. Odd. And if I try to manually launch it, it runs briefly, leaves a
> zero-length log file in /var/log/setroubleshoot/setroubleshootd.log.

You could try uninstalling and then reinstalling the setroubleshoot
package.  Specifically "setroubleshoot-server" package contains the
daemon and init.d file and only depends on the -plugins package.

Even on our servers, the setroubleshoot.log file is generally empty.
I'm guessing that you'll only see content there if the daemon fails to
initialize or has errors.