SELinux won't let dovecot connect to postgresql

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Sun Nov 29 06:05:59 UTC 2009

Roland Roberts wrote:
>> Thomas Harold wrote:
>>> You could try uninstalling and then reinstalling the setroubleshoot
>>> package.  Specifically "setroubleshoot-server" package contains the
>>> daemon and init.d file and only depends on the -plugins package.
>
> Oo-oo.  I just discovered something *very* interesting.  When I first
> set up this host, I set it up in parallel with the existing host it
> was replacing and it had a different host name. I find, in
> /var/lib/setroubleshoot/audit_listener_database.xml, the old host
> name.  Perhaps that's why I'm not getting my messages.  I'm going to
> try correcting the host name there.  I'm not sure if I *need* to
> reboot, but I'm not sure what processes will need to be restarted if I
> don't.

Well, that by itself is not sufficient.  But perhaps these two lines in
syslog are a clue if only I could decipher them:

dbus: avc:  received setenforce notice (enforcing=0)
tycho dbus: Can't send to audit system: USER_AVC avc:  received
setenforce notice (enforcing=0)#012: exe="?" (sauid=81, hostname=?,
addr=?, terminal=?)

roland

--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD