SELinux won't let dovecot connect to postgresql

Thomas Harold thomas-lists at nybeta.com
Sun Nov 29 06:07:27 UTC 2009

On 11/29/2009 12:49 AM, Roland Roberts wrote:
> Thomas Harold wrote:
>> You could try uninstalling and then reinstalling the setroubleshoot
>> package. Specifically "setroubleshoot-server" package contains the
>> daemon and init.d file and only depends on the -plugins package.
>
> But it doesn't seem to include the init.d file, or is rpm -qil not
> telling me what I think it is telling me:
>
> 572 root> rpm -qil setroubleshoot-server | grep /etc
> /etc/audisp/plugins.d/sedispatch.conf
> /etc/dbus-1/system.d/org.fedoraproject.Setroubleshootd.conf
> /etc/logrotate.d/setroubleshoot
> /etc/setroubleshoot
> /etc/setroubleshoot/setroubleshoot.cfg

Not sure, that's sounding more like a Fedora issue then an SELinux issue
(and I'm not running Fedora, I'm running RHEL/CentOS).  But a bit of
google-fu turned up:

http://osdir.com/ml/fedora-selinux/2009-06/msg00053.html

(the linked message was posted by Daniel J Walsh)

Basically, they've restructured things back in June 2009.  So you'll
probably have to go digging in the audit.log file for the AVC messages.

# grep "AVC" /var/log/audit/audit.log