fixfiles -F option

Moray Henderson (ICT) Moray.Henderson at ict.om.org
Mon Oct 5 14:20:04 UTC 2009

Hello List.

I have an rpm for an selinux policy for a custom CentOS 5.3 distribution.  When I install it, I use pre/post install scripts to back up the previous file contexts and run "fixfiles -C ${FILE_CONTEXT}.pre restore" as in the standard selinux-policy-targeted rpm.

On an upgrade, old httpd_sys_content_t files are not being updated to public_content_rw_t because httpd_sys_content_t is in the customizable_types file.

According to the fixfiles man page, -F should "Force reset of context to match file_context for customizable files", but when I added it, it made no difference.  I had a look at the fixfiles script, and indeed it looks as if -F doesn't work with -C.  Is that correct, or did I miss something?

Is there a recommended way to do that?

Moray.
"To err is human.  To purr, feline"