How do you expose a policy interface?

Nathan Kinder nkinder at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 16:19:21 UTC 2009

I'm writing two policy modules for two separate packages (389-ds-base
and 389-admin).  I would like to expose some macros via an interface
from my dirsrv policy for use by the dirsrv-admin policy.  I have
defined an interface in my dirsrv.if file and built and installed the
dirsrv policy module.  Apparently, this doesn't expose the interface as
I get an error when building my dirsrv-admin policy that indicates that
it doesn't know anything about my new interface.

What is the proper way to expose a policy interface?  Does my dirsrv.if
file need to be installed on the system somewhere specific?

Thanks,
-NGK