selinux-policy-2.4.6-203.el5 and kernel_sendrecv_unlabeled_association

Stefan Schulze Frielinghaus stefan at seekline.net
Sun Sep 6 14:31:24 UTC 2009

Why is the following rule removed by the patch of the SRPM package
selinux-policy-2.4.6-203.el5?

# temporary hack until labeling on packets is supported
allow $1 unlabeled_t:packet { send recv };

The actual file is kernel/kernel.if and line 2170.

The comment above indicates that this is a temporary hack but I get some
AVCs and need to manually allow this rule.

Couldn't we accept the temporary hack until something more useful is
out? Because I (and guess some others too) need this rule.

cheers
Stefan