Final year project ideas

Zbynek Houska zbynek.houska at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 18:25:05 UTC 2009

All,

I'm about to embark on a SELinux related final year project for BSc (Hons)
in IT this semester. My goal is to learn SELinux well, compare to other
(Linux) security projects, demystify it / demonstrate its pros and cons...
I would like to do a thorough research on exploit / attack mitigation with
SELinux as per Tresys website (http://www.tresys.com/innovation.php) and
write a few (new) policies for software of my choice.  I intend to use
honeypots running Fedora 11 as my base system. However, I'm not sure if
college class B network will produce conclusive results.

Thus, I would appreciate support, guidance and comments from (seasoned)
SELinux gurus, developers and practitioners on this list in order to point
me in the right direction when it comes to sourcing literature, white
papers, research work other people might already have conducted and
overcoming pitfalls related to such testing environments.

Kind regards,

Zbynek