Final year project ideas

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 20:53:29 UTC 2009

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 07:25:05PM +0100, Zbynek Houska wrote:
> All,
>
> I'm about to embark on a SELinux related final year project for BSc (Hons)
> in IT this semester. My goal is to learn SELinux well, compare to other
> (Linux) security projects, demystify it / demonstrate its pros and cons...
> I would like to do a thorough research on exploit / attack mitigation with
> SELinux as per Tresys website (http://www.tresys.com/innovation.php) and
> write a few (new) policies for software of my choice.  I intend to use
> honeypots running Fedora 11 as my base system. However, I'm not sure if
> college class B network will produce conclusive results.
>
> Thus, I would appreciate support, guidance and comments from (seasoned)
> SELinux gurus, developers and practitioners on this list in order to point
> me in the right direction when it comes to sourcing literature, white
> papers, research work other people might already have conducted and
> overcoming pitfalls related to such testing environments.

Hello,

Here is a list with links to SELinux resources.
http://selinuxproject.org/page/User_Resources

You have already found the right mailing lists (except Tresys refpolicy list). I Recommend that you also bookmark and study the list Archives:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/
http://oss.tresys.com/pipermail/refpolicy/
http://marc.info/?l=selinux&r=1&w=2

Also have a look at this presentation: