selinux issue

Dominick Grift domg472 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 12:00:02 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 04:00:51AM -0700, chloe K wrote:
> > Hi all
> > how I have to set the selinux to disable?
> > to make webserver work
> > and
> > mysql work too
> > if not setting to 0, apache error log
> > (13)Permission denied: access to /admin denied
> > and mysql error
> > 090903 19:43:19 InnoDB: Operating system error number 13 in a file
> > operation.
> > InnoDB: The error means mysqld does not have the access rights to
> > InnoDB: the directory.
> > InnoDB: File name ./ibdata1
> > InnoDB: File operation call: 'open'.
> > InnoDB: Cannot continue operation.
> > Thank you

I do not have a simple solution to your issue. However, i can point you to some documentation that will help you solve your SELinux problems and help you get familiar with the matter:

1. http://docs.fedoraproject.org/selinux-user-guide/f11/en-US/
2. http://docs.fedoraproject.org/selinux-managing-confined-services-guide/en-US/F11/html/

Please read through those documents they will help you understand more about SELinux

hth