too many sealerts, most have been reported, and still see denials

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 12 20:55:01 UTC 2009

> Not exactly sure whats happening. keep in mind
> if your using a development versions of fedora,
> then you will run into issues.(if your on stable then
> you should be fine).

I knew that ahead of time, but it did not seem to be this troublesome this time with Fedora 12.  I have been testing since Fedora 5 Test 2 release and have not encountered as many denials as I have in this Fedora 12 testing phase.  Guess many don't complain because they run selinux disabled selinux=0, or enforcing=0 so they don't care to report the issues?

> As for the avc's being generated, tough to say
> As of now I'm running the latest policy, with a custom
> built system(LFS).
> One thing for sure, is if  I move to a newer system
> there will be issues with gnome and the latest refpolicy
> due to the heavy development with refpolicy, and gnome.
>
> Have you tried using a different policy other than what
> fedora has?

I don't know much about this :(, I am just using default Fedora policies.  I guess I just need to be patient and let things work out one by one.  When I get more pops and alerts, I should post here and to bugzilla and hope that the illness' are cured :)

Regards,

Antonio