APT? [WAS: was there an advertised ETA for the next beta?]

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Aug 11 21:21:43 UTC 2003

On 11 Aug 2003, Jared Smith wrote:

> Is apt going to make it, or just yum?  (Or, in other words, am I really
> gonna have to break down and learn yum?)

on a more philosophical note, is it necessary to have made an iron-clad
decision to include a package in the next official release for it to
be in the beta?

using the above as an example, is it feasible to include apt, and
use the next beta period as a shakedown?  if anything goes amiss,
yank it out of the official release.  if all goes well with apt, it
stays.

is this workable?  adding something to the upcoming beta would seem
a good way of identifying any bugs in a hurry.

rday