was there an advertised ETA for the next beta?

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl1 at iadonisi.to
Tue Aug 12 04:33:45 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 00:01, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 05:44:12AM +0200, Féliciano Matias wrote:

[snip]

> > Now that RHL is a project, I hope there will be more rawhide users. I
> > appreciate if RedHat keeps the two or three last rpm of each packages in
> > case if something goes wrong. At least the src.rpm.
>
> That seems like a useful idea. I don't know how hard it would be
> (there are mirrors, scripts, etc. to think about).

  How about just moving the old revs into a rawhide-old directory?  You
could periodically prune the rawhide-old directory to only have two or
three revs.  This way, at least mirrors can forgo mirroring the
rawhide-old directory if they want to save space and it only
(theoretically) requires changing one 'rm' command to an 'mv' command
(not including the pruning).  You could do the pruning in the same
script, but I'm just proposing something that may reduce the chances
that you break an existing process.

Just my $0.02 worth.
--
-Paul Iadonisi