RH Decisions (was Re: APT, Yum and Red Carpet)

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Thu Aug 14 09:11:52 UTC 2003

OK. my bad, should have been more specific. I don't know why people are
so keen for the Project to get a new name. At the end of the day, it is
a Redhat Project. If people want something with a different name, then
they can always have a little 'fork' which strips out the branding. Its
been done before, and there is nothing to stop them. Unless I am wrong,
the distro will still be directed in large part by Redhat anyway and
becomes the basis for their products. This is done for Redhat primarily,
anyone who wants the distro without the branding can take the branding
out. JAMD and other magazines do that.