RH Decisions (was Re: APT, Yum and Red Carpet)

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Thu Aug 14 14:35:33 UTC 2003

seth vidal wrote :

> > > Its an indexing problem (and possibly a rating, trust metric and
> > > graphic exercise)
> >
> > ...speaking of which : I still want to create a huge rpm indexing
> > database driven system. Typically what one would need to keep track of
> > packages available in the main distribution as well as other smaller
> > "groups", by making searches, browsing through changelogs etc.
> >
> > I guess this would be the right time to try and get some developers
> > interested in the project. I'll start by setting up a mailing-list and
> > later announce it here.
> >

> I thought this was called rpmfind.net

Well, I have something a little different in mind. Already exchanged a few
thoughts with various people, including jbj, and interesting possibilities
came up. And anyway, from Daniel himself about rpmfind :

"PROJECT is dead, if someone feels like taking over, contact me,
I will provide all bits I have."

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030813 running Linux kernel 2.4.21-20.1.2024.2.1.nptl
Load : 0.03 0.14 0.15