Can't install Severn on a Cyrix P166

Leonard den Ottolander leonardjo at hetnet.nl
Mon Aug 18 16:26:05 UTC 2003

Hi,

 I seem to be unable to install Severn on a Cyrix P166 with 80MB. Actually
I think this problem exists since 8.0. For some reason booting from CD
fails, the machine reboots as soon as it tries to boot from the CD. I am
not seeing this problem with 7.3.

 Using noapic, noacpi and nodma doesn't seem to make a difference. When
booting from a boot floppy I manage to get as far as the package selection,
but after OK-ing my selection the installation exits abnormally. No
specific error is given on any of the tty's. Same thing happens with a hd
installation.

 Another issue that surprises me is the fact that Severn doesn't recognize
my serial mouse. Also this problem doesn't exist with 7.3. Even after
selecting the correct mouse and port Severn doesn't recognize the mouse. Is
the probing for serial mice deleted from the installer?

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!