Odd USB mouse + PCMCIA Ethernet happenings

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Tue Aug 19 00:09:50 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 16:48, Dee-Ann LeBlanc wrote:
> "Michael K. Johnson" <johnsonm at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > You'll think I'm nuts, but please try booting with acpi=off and see
> > if that fixes it.
>
> No crazier than having to move my mouse to let network traffic through.
> :)
>
> Nope. I still have to move the USB laser mouse to get traffic to pass
> through the PCMCIA Ethernet card.

I'm not well versed in pcmcia or usb but this suggests some sort of IRQ
problem to me.  Are the usb controller and pcmcia controller on the same
IRQ according to /proc/interrupts?

What I'm thinking is that the pcmcia's interrupts are, for some reason
being ignored and when the usb controller generates an interrpupt, the
pcmcia get's serviced.