Stock kernels

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Wed Aug 20 14:41:31 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 03:47:29AM +0200, Maynard Kuona wrote:
> However, having made the kernel rpm, I found it does not automatically
> make the initrd*** file,

Oh, right, I didn't think about that part; I forget how much we have
automated.  :-)

> Maybe not even on the cd's, but just on some part of redhat.com, or
> rhl.redhat.com, where the kernel.src.rpm would be, with the spec files
> and a couple of patches which can be applied.

Hmm, the problem is that the line can be drawn in so many places,
and different people want slightly different things.  Some want
all our patches except for O(1) scheduler (nptl is in the same
patch, so it goes at the same time), others want stock, others
want something in between...  The "couple of patches" above is
very expressive of this vagueness.

That said, if someone wants to work on something of this sort and
maintain a repository like Arjan's 2.6-test repository, more power
to you!  :-)

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/