about to RH a Compaq 3017CL notebook; RH9, severn, RH9 + 2.6?

Randall J. Parr RParr at TemporalArts.COM
Sat Aug 23 20:48:26 UTC 2003

I just purchased a Compaq 3000 (3017CL) notebook and plan to install Red
Hat.

I had planned on installing RH9 but it seems I have to start messing
with rebuilding the kernel and a bunch of other stuff to get ACPI, the
touchpad, built-in wireless, etc. all working.

I was wondering if any and/or all of these are already in Severn (thus
gaining beta problems but avoiding kernel rebuilding, etc.)?

Or perhaps using the 2.6 kernel rpms available for RH9?

Anyone tread this path already and have any advice they could offer?

Thanks
R.Parr, RHCE
Temporal Arts