Xfree or not Xfree? - Regression, progression, sanity, 3D and Xine

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at columbus.rr.com
Wed Aug 27 01:25:52 UTC 2003

Ralph Loader wrote:
> Mike,
>

>>>With 4.3.0-22 my metacity shortcuts that have the windows key as a
>>>modifier no longer work.
>>
>>Have you updated metacity or anything else as well?  I'd like to
>>rule out a bug in something else before puking through xkb files
>>again.  ;o)
>

> Downgrading metacity a few versions does not fix the problem.
>
> Downgrading XFree86-* to 4.3.0-18 does fix the problem.
>
> Looks like an XFree86 problem to me.
>
> Got your barf bag handy?
>
> Ralph.
>

> --

Are the newer versions of XFree86 going to be regressing? Is there any
sanity to versioning?

I'm holding off on updating any more Xfree86 versions for awhile then.

Also, I got to test out Fedora's version of Xine with "Lord Of The
Rings". There seemed to be great depth "3-D like effects and really was
enjoyable to watch.

Is this 3-D contributed to Xfree86 improvements or work within the xine
program? Or is it flat and It's a great illusion.

Jim

--
"It's God.  No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus Torvalds, but God."
(By Matt Welsh)