wlan-ng packages for severn

HoytDuff hoyt at cavtel.net
Wed Aug 27 17:23:24 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 27 August 2003 08:43 am, Kevin Sonney wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 20:55, HoytDuff wrote:
> > I get this message when installing kernel-wlan-ng-usb-0.2.0-7.i686.rpm
> >
> > ACHTUNG!  ATTENTION!  WARNING!
> >    YOU MUST configure /etc/wlan/wlan.conf to define your SSID!
> >    YOU ALSO must configure /etc/wlan/wlancfg-SSID to match WAP settings!
> >        (---> replace SSID in filename with the value of your SSID)
> >
> > But I have no /etc/wlan/wlancfg-SSID. Do they mean
> > /etc/wlan/wlancfg-DEFAULT?
>
> Not exactly. wlancfg-DEFAULT is the fallback config file. For each ESSID
> you define in wlan.conf, you should make a wlancfg-ESSID file (i.e. for
> the "home" ESSID, I should make a wlancfg-home file) that contains any
> site-specific settings (WEP keys, etc).
>
> Complete details are in the wlan.conf file, as well as
> /usr/share/doc/kernel-wlan-ng-0.2.0/doc/config.linux-wlan-ng

Thanks.

So the "warning" might better read:

ACHTUNG!  ATTENTION!  WARNING!
 YOU MUST configure /etc/wlan/wlan.conf to define your SSID!
YOU ALSO must create /etc/wlan/wlancfg-SSID to match WAP settings!
    (---> replace SSID in filename with the value of your SSID)
Complete details are in the /etc/wlan/wlan.conf file, as well as
/usr/share/doc/kernel-wlan-ng-0.2.0/doc/config.linux-wlan-ng

--
Hoyt