Screenshot tool

Noah Silva nsilva-list at atari-source.com
Thu Aug 28 12:23:31 UTC 2003

Hi,

Like Gnome, pressing the "Print-Screen" button in windows takes a
screen-shot (to the clipboard).  Windows doesn't ship with Gimp, but it
has paintbrush, where you can paste and save your image.  (And anyone
with MS office has ms-photo-editor).

More to the point, screen-shots can be a good debugging tool.  When I am
trying to do support for application at work, I have found that relying
on end users to remember the exact error message to be about as reliable
as my guessing the lottery numbers so far has been.  It's easy enough to
say "Next time this happens, take a screen-shot and email it to me).

Also, my old boss was crazy about some particular windows screen-shot
application.  Some people like them ;>

 thanks,
    noah silva