Any current workaround for Radeon/Chromium Segfault? (Bug 101647)

Steve Bergman steve at rueb.com
Sun Aug 31 09:11:34 UTC 2003

I seem to be experiencing bug 101647 with my radeon 9100 and fully
updated rawhide system.

glxgears works fine and is properly hardware accelerated.  However,
anything more complex (chromium, tuxracer, rune, quakeforge, RTCW)
crashes as described in the bug with similar messages.

Works fine with RH9.

I just bought the card today because I wanted to do away with NVidia
driver which was the sole proprietary item on my machine.

Any suggestions on a workaround or do I just need to be patient?

Thanks,
Steve