VNC installation

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 1 01:15:16 UTC 2003

Robert L Cochran said:
> Thanks, I appreciate this. Makes very interesting reading. Do you
> reccomend TightVNC? Should I build from source or use the provided RPMs?
>
> Thanks
>
> Bob Cochran

Not a recommendation, but you will also want to check out RealVNC:

http://www.realvnc.com

Their new beta looks interesting (check the archives for getting it to
build on RHL 9).

I'd give them both a try and see which performs better for you.  If you
are using it over a local network there shouldn't be much performance
difference between the two.  Oh, and don't forget RH also distributes a
version of VNC (which includes the TightVNC extensions).

--
William Hooper