updates

Michael Young betatest at gnucode.kicks-ass.net
Sat Aug 2 02:33:28 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 20:20, seth vidal wrote:

> > Thanks Seth.. I may go that route if up2date isn't populated soon.
> > Although, I really hate to add any brokeness to what is a pretty stable
> > install.
>
> I thought you said you wanted to play with what is in rawhide.
>
> rawhide is exactly the same broken whether it comes from rhn/up2date or
> yum. :)
>
> -sv

Well, that's not exactly what I said, but you are right, the whole fun
in testing beta stuff is seeing just how badly you can break things.

I guess the RHN thing is kinda political to me. I paid for a
subscription, but during the time I'm beta testing, the entitlement
isn't being used for anything. But, the expiration day stays the same no
matter what. That just doesn't seem fair to the paying subscriber who
wants to run the betas. Especially since the taroon updates are already
in RHN.

This is starting to resemble bitching, so I'll shut up..  :)

--
Michael Young <betatest at gnucode.kicks-ass.net>