Can I go ahead and install the fedora package? (was - Re: NVIDIA Question

Peter Backlund peter.backlund at home.se
Sun Aug 3 16:11:22 UTC 2003

> Can I go ahead and install this on my system, _AND_ do
> I need to re-edit my XConfig file (as previously, removing DRI, and
> changing "nv" to 'nvidia", switch to init 3, etc.  or will the install do
> the necessary)?

The package is in QA, and therefore not quite ready for general use. A better
way would be to use Nvidia's installer.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux.html

If you're not sure, use the IA-32 driver. Btw, read the readme. Yes, all your
problems will be solved if you follow the instructions there :-).

> Second question: how do I install the src package:
> rpmrebuild -rebuild package, then rpm-ivh package? (sorry, I confess
> I'm being a bit lazy ... or maybe it's Sunday morning... so go ahead and
> rap my knuckles! <G>).

man rpmbuild