Upgrade crashes on kdebase-3.1.2-13 install

Terry R Linhardt linhardt at swbell.net
Mon Aug 4 00:33:57 UTC 2003

Okay, here are some things I observed:

1) I went out to a text console and observed the message:

"using kdebase-6:3.1.2-13.i386 to satisfy kdebase-6:3.1.2"

(The update crashes with an error while installing kdebase-3.1.2-13).

2) I see the message: isys.py:mount() - going to mount /gmp/hdc on
/mnt/source

(Not sure if this is relevant, but when I do a df -k after the failure
/mnt/source is configured as 661056 blocks, and all of them are used.

3) From the /root/upgrade.log (full text):

Upgrading 227 packages

The following packages were automatically
selected to be installed:
Upgrade: XFree86 was on the system.  Pulling in xterm for upgrade.

Upgrading compat-db-4.0.14-2.i386.
Upgrading kdebase-3.1.2-13.i386.
warning: /etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/KDE created as
/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/KDE.rpmnew
warning: /etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc saved as /etc/X11/xdm/kdmrc.rpmorig
warning: /etc/kderc saved as /etc/kderc.rpmorig
warning: /etc/ksysguarddrc created as /etc/ksysguarddrc.rpmnew
warning: /etc/pam.d/kde created as /etc/pam.d/kde.rpmnew
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/share/applnk-redhat:
cpio: rename

Those are the items that seem to possibly relevant.

Terry

Terry R Linhardt <linhardt at swbell.net>