Experiences with severn and 2.6 kernel on a dell laptop.

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Tue Aug 5 13:23:29 UTC 2003

avilella at lycos.es wrote :

> > > Red Hat is a free software company. You can get mp3 modules from a
> > > variety of locations but obviously remember to obey your local laws -
> > > this is especially an issue in the USA
> >
> > I understand the legals. I'm just saying a document of links where to
> > get stuff from would be nice. I'm sure something along these lines it's
> > going to be available (as release notes or otherwise) by thie time
> > severn is released.
>
> I check freshrpms.net (for fresh rpms) when I install a (fresh) Redhat.
> the redhat9 version of xmms-mp3 does it for Severn.

Most RHL9 packages install and work fine on Severn. For the few which
don't, I've rebuilt them against Rawhide, and they're available here :

http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat/rawhide/

Gaim : For the spell checking option
Sylpheed-claws : For the spell checking option too
Transcode : For the ImageMagick .so.5 dependency
Yum : To be pre-configured for Rawhide use

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030804 running Linux kernel 2.4.21-20.1.2024.2.1.nptl
Load : 0.12 0.12 0.10