ms-visio *.vsd

shrek-m at gmx.de shrek-m at gmx.de
Tue Aug 5 20:26:04 UTC 2003

Laur Ivan wrote:

>On Tuesday 05 August 2003 17:04, shrek-m at gmx.de wrote:
>

>>Laur Ivan wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>you may try wine with the exe from microsoft. Or crossover from
>>>codeweavers. I think they support it.
>>>

>>thanks ivan.
>>
>>the last time (2 years ago) i was trying wine with others progs than
>>dos-progs i had no luck.
>>but i wasn´t looking deep enough in  /etc/wine* ~/.wine/*
>>
>>i have never tried crossover.
>>
>>if there is absolutely no possibility to open it under linux :-(
>>then i will take vmware.
>>

>ouch! that's quite a big undertaking just to view visio files. crossover
>office says it can view visio alright. in the worst case, you can get
>crossover office, install internet explorer and the visio viewer. if it's a
>"one off" you can have a go at their "trial" version.

hi laur,

after three attempts to explain the win-user that i have no visio,
visio-viewer, ms-windows, internet-explorer, ... and that it might be
possible to save the file as *.gif, *.jpg, ...
i gave up.

the win-user was not able to save his visio-file as *.jpg
and attach to his email.

i can not wait until tomorrow :-(

(search and find the  moc  with  visio-enterprise)

wine:
i have tried a newer wine, no succes with the visio-installation

crossover-trial:
after filling the necessary form
i got no email with the download-url just now

vmware:
no problems with the visio-installation
"open" *.vsd, "save as"  *.jpg
no problems with nautilus, netscape, gimp, ...

with .dxf and dia i had no luck :-(

other-(not_tested)supported-formats:
.ps .eps .png .pxt .pcx .gif .tif .bmp .ai .dwg .dxf .dgn .vml ...

is there really no prog available for *.vsd ?

--
shrek-m