Just an idea!

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at columbus.rr.com
Fri Aug 8 10:57:35 UTC 2003

Bjorn Andersen wrote:
> tor, 2003-08-07 kl. 22:38 skrev Michael Knepher:
>
>>/There's already a gnome-vfs module in development, nautilus-rpm, to do
>>just this, using rpmdb:///. /
>>
> No Backend for YUM at the same time? I mean, it wold be easally to
> handle depencies that way, without any user interactions...
>
> --
> Bjorn Andersen <_ba at linuxin.dk_ <mailto:ba at linuxin.dk>>

I used Yum to get some multimedia items. They required a lot of
additional libs and programs installed. Yum did a great om on solving
the needs and "doing the right thing".

I think that keeping the program pretty much command line will keep
their concentration on maintaining the programs reliability.

Adding a front-end might be ideal for program browsing. But I love the
stand alone command line progam. Keep the command line and GUI a
front-end, if programmers want to start developing one.

Jim

--
Money can't buy love, but it improves your bargaining position.
		-- Christopher Marlowe