KVM Switch

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Sat Aug 9 11:52:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 02:07, Robert L Cochran wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a KVM switch that works? I'm thinking of trying to
> connect 3 boxes to one monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

http://connectpro.com/usb14.htm
A few months ago I bought this for my house.  4 port USB KVM acts as a
USB hub for the active system, so your peripherals become active with
whichever system you choose.  It comes with four cables for four systems
(great deal IMHO), with four USB ports in the front for your USB
devices.

I was worried from reading reviews of other cheap KVM brands about video
degradation, but it seems to work great after several months on my
1280x1024 LCD screen.

The initial box that I received from Amazon.com broke in less than 12
hours of usage, but Amazon quickly sent a replacement free of charge.
Other than this one inconvenience (which I hope was just a fluke) it has
been totally great for me these past several months.

--
Warren Togami                                   Fedora Linux Project
warren at togami.com                               http://www.fedora.us