iptables & masquerading...

Greg Sanders greg at elcoronel.com
Sun Aug 10 20:23:12 UTC 2003

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, jdow wrote:

> This is another place Greg screwed up. You cannot mix ipchains and
> iptables. ipt_MASQUERADE is apparently a part of the (pathetic) ipchains
> emulation under iptables.
>
> "rpm -e ipchains" is always a worthwhile exercise on modern stups. Then
> ONLY the valid iptables modules are left.

Actually, I didn't screw this up...

[root at lanfest1 usr]# rpm -e ipchains
error: package ipchains is not installed

The problem is with the default module build shipping with the beta.  And
since I don't have the source rpms (dialup here), I'm not in a position to
rebuild them.

Greg Sanders - Sysadmin, Webhead, Tolkien-phile
ElCoronel @ irc.freenode.net - http://elcoronel.com/
[Thou art] sick in the world's regard, wretched and low, a poor unminded outlaw sneaking home.
-William Shakespeare, Henry IV, part I