RH Decisions (was Re: APT, Yum and Red Carpet)

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Thu Aug 14 14:14:25 UTC 2003

Alan Cox wrote :

> > 53 developers each with their little micro-repo isn't going to be much
> > better than rpms sitting in project trees on sourceforge.
>
> Its an indexing problem (and possibly a rating, trust metric and graphic
> exercise)

...speaking of which : I still want to create a huge rpm indexing database
driven system. Typically what one would need to keep track of packages
available in the main distribution as well as other smaller "groups", by
making searches, browsing through changelogs etc.

I guess this would be the right time to try and get some developers
interested in the project. I'll start by setting up a mailing-list and
later announce it here.

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030813 running Linux kernel 2.4.21-20.1.2024.2.1.nptl
Load : 0.11 0.15 0.11