RH Decisions (was Re: APT, Yum and Red Carpet)

Matthias Saou matthias at rpmforge.net
Thu Aug 14 15:03:44 UTC 2003

Daniel Veillard wrote :

> > "PROJECT is dead, if someone feels like taking over, contact me,
> > I will provide all bits I have."
>
>   It's about the rpmfind command line tool, not the rpmfind.net servers
>   :-)

Oops, I got it wrong since the website's pages seem to be in the same place
as the commend-line tool's sources.

> How do you expect to solve the hardware/bandwidth/maintenance over
> the long term ? I found this extremely hard ...

As a non-programmer sysadmin, dumb enough to invest plenty of personal time
and money, I've always found ways for all my stuff. Not that 3 years is
really "long term" though.

Matthias

Raw Hide 20030813 running Linux kernel 2.4.21-20.1.2024.2.1.nptl
Load : 0.02 0.12 0.18