APT, Yum and Red Carpet

Edward C. Bailey ed at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 18:38:59 UTC 2003

>>>>> "seth" == seth vidal <skvidal at phy.duke.edu> writes:

seth> Well - it seems to me that the trademark policy requires removing any
seth> place it says 'red hat'
seth> No it doesn't - I don't mean anyplace - but for example - if anaconda
seth> refers to red hat linux as what you are installing that would seem to
seth> fall under the trademark constraints.

Ah, so "any place" does not mean "anyplace".  I see... :-)

That said, your example is correct; I thought you were talking about things
like man pages by Red Hatters, and containing "Red Hat, Inc." in them, or
even mentions of how some random feature changed with Red Hat Linux 6.1 or
something similar...

                                    Ed
--
Ed Bailey        Red Hat, Inc.          http://www.redhat.com/