Offtopic

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Fri Aug 15 19:19:53 UTC 2003

>Isn't it a good thing to find out the truth?

Is it a good thing to make baseless,factless accusations in public?
Aren't we encouraging the continued creation of baseless accusations if
we jump to respond to each and every one which come to past?

You have to take the track-record of the accuser into account when
evaluating accusations based on "private" conversations from "inside"
sources.If the person making the public accusation has a history of
crying wolf...or over-blowing the situation to inflame passions because
of a specific bias...should that person continue to receive the same
level of respectful discourse in the future? At some point, the person
repeated looking for public answers to private rumors, looses
credibility...and looks more like a source of rumor making...than
someone looking for "the truth." Féliciano's judgements about mosfet's
longterm interests and motivations probably have a more certain "truth"
than some rumors. I think i heard Fox News was going to offer mosfet a
job to do reporting about IT...becuase he his commentary meets a certain
standard of unbaisedness and factuality.

-jef"the answers to the questions here are no,yes,no"spaleta