Kernel 2.6?

Joe joe at tmsusa.com
Sat Aug 16 17:33:51 UTC 2003

Alan Cox wrote:

>>- it's  really fun to use such a  responsive desktop. But alas, the
>>video capture card doesn't seem to work with 2.5+, so my multimedia
>>

>Which card ?

It's a linux media labs lintv card -

Here's what I see when I attempt to start xawtv:
This is xawtv-3.88, running on Linux/i686 (2.6.0-0.test3.1.31)
can't open /dev/video0: No such device
v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device
v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device
v4l: open /dev/video0: No such device
no video grabber device available

Here are the relevant lines from lspci:
00:0b.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video
Capture (rev 02)
00:0b.1 Multimedia controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Audio Capture
(rev 02)

If you've got some thoughts on this, I'm all ears!

Joe