Xine, XMMS & Mplayer's windows 'lags' and sometimes stick to the mouse pointer

Henrik Lind henriklind at cool.dk
Sat Aug 16 20:51:40 UTC 2003

Yes I know, it's sounds very wierd and dosen't make much sense :)

In Xine & Mplayer it's the video window that sometimes have the 'urge'
to get stuck on the mouse pointer, after I have tried to move the window.

It goes something like this.

Step 1 : Point at the main title bar of the window.
Step 2 : Push and Hold the left mouse button
Step 3 : Move the window

The window does NOT move with the mouse pointer.

Step 4 : Let go of the mouse button and do step 1 and 2 again.

Still the window does not move, but if u let go of the mouse button it
snaps to the mouse pointer (without holding any button down).

This also happens with the visual scope thing in XMMS.

Other tested distro's are : Mandrake 9.0 9.1 9.2beta2 , Libranet 2.8 ,
Suse 8.2, and they do not act like this.

Using the NV driver (I have a Creative 3D Blaster4 4800-SE)
I could try and installe the NVIDIA driver.....

Just wondering if I should report this to bugzilla?