Is this going to be RH 10 or....?

HoytDuff hoyt at cavtel.net
Sun Aug 17 04:39:11 UTC 2003

On Sunday 17 August 2003 00:16, William Hooper wrote:
> I think the better question would be, does it matter?  It's amazing how
> hung up people can get on version numbers.  Take a look at the Beta list
> archives when RH announced that Phoebe was going to be RHL 9...  You would
> have thought they ripped half the code out or something, people were
> complaining so loudly.  People that the day before were praising how well
> the beta was doing, mind you.

It shouldn't matter, but it was a change. Some people have difficulty with
that. The Red Hat Linux Project is a change. You've seen how some people are
handling that. They'll get over it. 8)

BTW, the last "official" statement I saw designated the next release as "Red
Hat 10" to answer the original question.

--
Hoyt