Odd USB mouse + PCMCIA Ethernet happenings

Dee-Ann LeBlanc dee at renaissoft.com
Sun Aug 17 20:09:29 UTC 2003

I have a USB laser mouse and a PCMCIA Ethernet card in my laptop. I was
trying to FTP something off of that laptop onto another machine and my
local network and was trying to figure out why the laptop won't keep its
Ethernet connection up (it drops it and I have to restart it manually)
and why it was terribly laggy and then, all of a suddenly, traffic
bursts through.

Well, I figured it out but that just made me more confused. I have to
move the mouse on that machine to let network traffic pass through. This
problem persists even after reboot.

Anyone else have this strange one? :)

--
Dee-Ann LeBlanc, RHCE