Can't install Severn on a Cyrix P166

Leonard den Ottolander leonardjo at hetnet.nl
Mon Aug 18 16:45:44 UTC 2003

Hi Alan,

> Is this a 1.x CPU revision (see the boot messages)

 I am now installing 7.3. /proc/cpuinfo tells me (some snipping):
model	: 2
model name	: 6x86 2x Core/Bus Clock
stepping	: 7
cpuid level	: 1

 Not sure which of these you mean. cpuid?

> You need "text" for 64Mb so you may need it for 80

 Even if I do not add text to the boot prompt explicitly I will
automatically get a text install due to the fact that the serial mouse
isn't recognized.

 And what about this serial mouse not being recognized?

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!