Severn Beta2

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Mon Aug 18 20:08:44 UTC 2003

> > The problem with this example, how can Red Hat be assured that Ximian's
> > gnome-thinger package puts all the files in the correct places,
>
> I would think this can be solved by LSB.

The LSB doesn't cover the innards of Gnome at all

The Ximianovell stuff is hard because they are replacing some RH packages
with others of their own that may not be fully compatible and additional
stuff that may or may not be in RH and may or may not work with RH versions
of the other pieces.

In the normal cases like Debian packages for example each thing has one
maintainer, there aren't 12 rival C library maintainers for example.