Stock kernels

Maynard Kuona knxmay001 at mail.uct.ac.za
Tue Aug 19 10:25:36 UTC 2003

Not the binary kernel. I was referring to kernel source only, so that those
who felt so inclined could compile it themselves. We could then make use of
the spec file that Redhat uses to make its own kernel rpms, if they are
compatible. Like recently, the kernel.org kernels will not build because of
how Redhat split rpm into rpm and rpmbuild. So if you could provide stock
kernels, unsupported though, even for download, it would really be
appreciated. The thing is that if they build at Redhat, then there should be
less trouble building in the users' hands.

I think I should mention again that I was not intending for Redhat to ship a
stock kernel binary, as users might install this and end up with real big
problems.